Monkey bread is a delicious, sweet treat that is awesome to eat at any time! You can even enjoy this incredible, ooey-gooey treat on your camping trips, as it is easy to cook right in your campfire! This recipe is especially fun for young campers, as it is easy for them to do almost everything themselves! Here’s how!
What You’ll Need
- 2 Cans refrigerated biscuit dough
- 1/2 C. granulated sugar
- 1/2 C. brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 Stick butter
- Cooking spray
- Dutch oven or cake pan
- Aluminum foil
- Sauce pan
1. Get a campfire going and burn it down so that you have nice cooking coals.
2. Combine the two types of sugar and cinnamon in a resealable plastic bag, shaking well. If you’re enlisting the help of your little campers, divide the mix into two or more bags.
3. Tear or cut the biscuits into quarters, and toss inside the bag of cinnamon and sugar and coat completely.
4. While your helpers are preparing the dough, line a dutch oven or cake pan with aluminum foil, and coat with cooking spray.
5. Melt your butter in a saucepan.
6. Have your helpers deposit their coated dough in the pan, making sure to avoid dumping the excess sugar into the pan.
7. Pour your melted butter evenly over all the dough, and sprinkle some of your excess sugar on top if you’d like!
8. Place the lid on your dutch oven, or thoroughly wrap more aluminum foil over your cake pan to keep ashes out, and place over your coals with a few hot coals on top. Cook for 30-35 minutes, making sure to rotate the pan regularly so that your dough doesn’t burn!
9. Carefully remove your pan and allow it to cool before opening.
10. Enjoy your tasty monkey bread!
This delicious recipe will allow you to treat yourself with campfire monkey bread, taking your camping trip to the next level with this tasty dessert! You’ll be the talk of the campground! For other tasty dessert ideas, try this no-bake cookie recipe or make ice cream in a bag! Enjoy!