Who doesn’t love a good taco? Making tacos while camping can be a bit tricky when thinking of the typical taco. This is one you can make at the campsite over the fire! Since this recipe is for a black bean taco, you don’t have to worry about browning any hamburger, needing multiple pans, or disposing of any grease! So put on your sombreros and get ready to add a little Mexican to your camping trip with these Skillet Fried Tacos!
- Corn tortillas
- 2 C. cooked black beans (you can get them in a can and then just warm them over the fire right in the can)
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 2 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
- A sliced avocado
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- Desired toppings such as cheese, salsa, sour cream, etc.
- In a bowl, combine the beans, onion, cilantro, paprika, avocado, salt, pepper, and cumin.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over the fire and add a couple tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add a corn tortilla and allow it to heat up.
- Add some of the filling, and sprinkle with cheese if you like.
- Fold over the tortilla and press down.
- You can start the next taco now that you have the first folded over, as you should have room in the pan at this point.
- Cook about 3 minutes per side and serve with your preferred toppings!
Now that you have the basic idea, you can experiment with other fillings. If you have precooked hamburger, you can make a more traditional taco, or try making a chicken taco! The possibilities are endless. You can always just fry the tortilla and add some cheeses to make it a quesadilla. Throw on some cinnamon and sugar to make some dessert tacos! If you’re planning to go fishing on your camping trip, cook up the fish and add it in to make fish tacos! What do you put in your tacos? Let us know in the Comments below!