Chili cheese fries are the ultimate indulgence food! They take already delicious french fries one step further, and are usually the go-to add on for when you feel like treating yourself! Since you’re already on vacation while camping, go ahead and splurge for the chili and cheese! The best part? You can make this yummy treat right on your campfire! Here’s how!
Campfire Chili Cheese Fries
What you’ll need:
32 oz. (or similar sized) bag of frozen french fries
1 Can of chili of your choice
1 C. of shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 tsp. seasoning of choice (optional)
1. Once you have a decent campfire going, take a good length of tin foil, about 1.5 feet, and fold it in half.
2. Spray the folded piece of foil with cooking spray.
3. Place the fries in the center of the foil, add seasoning if you’d like, and fold up the sides around the fries to form a packet.
4. Cook the packet over the campfire and cook until the fries are cooked thoroughly, about 15-20 minutes, turning over about halfway through.
5. Distribute chili and cheese over the length of fries, and close the packet again, more loosely this time to make sure all the cheese does not stick to the sides!
6. Return to the fire and cook until the chili is hot all the way through and the cheese is melted.
7. Remove from the fire and let the packet cool for about 2 minutes, and then serve.
8. Enjoy your delicious chili cheese fries!
This recipe is pretty flexible, and can easily use a larger bag of fries or can be doubled! You could make multiple batches at once, which is the great thing about cooking over the campfire! For more tasty campfire creations, check out this campfire pizza log recipe or this recipe for campfire foil stew. And for dessert, try making ice cream in a bag or these amazing no-bake cookies! But no matter what, you just can’t beat chili cheese fries!