Pizza is always a crowd pleaser, but it’s not always the most conducive food to make on the campfire. We’re aiming to change that! With the Campfire Pizza Log, you can now give your campers what they want while giving yourself a break from the stress that often accompanies camp cooking. You can either assemble it at your campsite or easily pre-make it so it’s ready to just heat up when your campers’ stomachs start to rumble on your next camping trip!
- Pizza Dough (homemade or store bought)
- Pizza Sauce
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Any other pizza toppings you want (green peppers, mushrooms, onions, pepperoni, ham, olives, etc.)
How To Prepare
- Roll out the pizza dough into a flat rectangle.
- Spread your pizza sauce evenly onto the dough.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top of your pizza sauce.
- Add any other pizza toppings you’d like!
- Roll your pizza up and tuck in the edges so that you form a cylindrical shape that resembles a log.
- Wrap your campfire pizza log in thick tinfoil.
- Store it in the freezer until you are ready to take it on your camping trip!
How To Cook
- Gather and collect dry firewood. Prepare your campfire or grill.
- Place your thawed (if made ahead) pizza log into the fire pit or on the grill.
- Let it cook for about 25 minutes, flipping it regularly.
- Remove from heat and give it time to cool off.
- Cut or pull apart your pizza log to serve and enjoy!
The campfire pizza log is a simple meal that is sure to have some salivating effects! Serve it with an easy tossed salad, breadsticks, or fresh veggies and dip. After your campers have devoured their pizza, don’t forget about dessert! Try ice cream in a bag or go with the simple but equally delicious route and make camp no-bake cookies! For more out-of-the-norm camp meals, check out these other awesome recipes!