Cooler fall weather brings some of the tastiest foods out there along with it! It’s time for delicious chilis, soups, casseroles, and other warm, hearty dishes! If you’re looking for something different to complement your tasty creations, try out this incredible fall-inspired slow-cooker pumpkin cornbread! This spin on classic cornbread uses the ever popular fall ingredient: pumpkin! Buttermilk makes it a rich, delectable cornbread that you won’t be able to resist! Here’s how to easily bake up some incredible pumpkin cornbread!
What You’ll Need:
- 1 1/4 C. all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 C. yellow cornmeal
- 2 Tbsp. salt
- 3 Tbsp. maple syrup, or more to taste (honey or other sweeteners work, or 1/4 C. sugar)
- 1/3 C. unsalted butter
- 2/3 C. pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling!)
- 3/4 C. & 2 Tbsp. buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- In a large bowl, mix the flower, baking powder, cornmeal, and salt together until well blended.
- Melt your unsalted butter and pour into a large bowl, whisk in the maple syrup and beat in the egg until blended. Then add the pumpkin puree and buttermilk and incorporate until smooth.
- Slowly and carefully mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir until combined, making sure not to over mix.
- Line your slow cooker with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Then pour the batter into the slow cooker and smooth out until even.
- Place lid on top and cook on low for about 3 1/2-4 hours, or 1 1/2-2 hours on high. Edges will be golden brown and an inserted toothpick in the center will come out clean when the cornbread is done.
- Lift the foil out of the slow cooker and allow the cornbread to cool for about 10 minutes. Then fold down the foil, cut the cornbread, and serve!
You’ll love just how delectable this spectacular slow cooker pumpkin cornbread is! It’s simple, homemade, and incredibly easy in your slow cooker, making it the perfect addition to any meal while you’re RVing! Play around with the recipe by adding nuts, cheese, or other yummy additions to make it perfect for your fall meal! Make it alongside our recipe for campfire foil stew for a hearty, warm, and satisfying camping dinner! What is your favorite dish to go along with cornbread? Leave a comment to share with us!