Make camping breakfasts easy! If you’re always on the lookout for ways to make filling and fun morning meals faster and easier than ever, this recipe for bacon pancake dippers is perfect! This neat spin on everyone’s classic favorite is tasty and easy to eat, especially for little ones! This is just the basic recipe, so feel free to experiment with different flavors of pancakes, and try out different dipping sauces like peanut butter, jam, fresh fruit, fruit butters, icing, and more! Here’s how to make these tasty bacon pancake dippers!
What You’ll Need:
- Pancake batter, prepared according to directions
- 12 slices of bacon
- Squeeze bottle (optional)
- Maple syrup or other dipping sauces
- Cook bacon until desired doneness and set aside. Crispier bacon works a bit better for this recipe as it will soften when cooked in batter.
- Prepare pancake batter according to instructions. Be sure to read ahead of time to ensure you bring along the proper ingredients.
- Pour your batter into a squeeze bottle (optional). This is not required, but it will make it a bit easier to control batter placement.
- Get your griddle hot (about 300 degrees if using a camp stove or electric griddle). Use non-stick spray or coat your pan with butter if the pan requires it.
- Drizzle batter onto your griddle in long ovals, just a bit bigger than the slices of bacon.
- Place a slice of bacon in the center of each oval, and lightly press to stick it in the batter.
- Drizzle a small amount of more batter over the bacon to prevent it from cooking further once turned over.
- When batter starts to bubble up, flip the dippers over and cook an additional few minutes.
- Remove from griddle, and serve with small cups of maple syrup or sauces of choice.
These bacon pancake dippers are so neat and easy, they’ll make you wonder why you didn’t think of it before! It’s the perfect camping breakfast as it is so easy to just grab a few dippers and a cup of sauce and enjoy! They’re especially great for younger kids, as you won’t have to cut these up for them! You can even make these ahead of time before your trip and just heat them up for an even faster and easier morning treat! Bacon pancake dippers will definitely change the way you do camping breakfast! What flavor pancakes or dipping sauces would you use for these yummy dippers? Comment to share your tasty ideas!